INGREDIENTS: (Makes 8)
8 Links of Applewood smoked bacon (use fully cooked bacon)
8 pieces of Blueberry Swirl Bread (Pepperidge Farms is good)
4 oz. Goat Cheese
Sea Salt (I use Hawaiian but you can use any)
Garlic Chives (fine cut - just for garnish )
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray muffin tin w/ non-stick or butter spray
3. Toast Bluberry bread, remove from toaster and cut out circle rounds using a measuring cup (1/4 C size). Place cut rounds on bottom of muffin tins.
4. Wrap inside of muffin tin on top of toast w/ cooked bacon so ends come together.
5. Top and cover bread rounds w/ crumbled goat cheese.
6. Crack egg inside of tin on top of goat cheese and place in over for 12-15 minutes until eggs are just set.
7. Remove from oven and gently run a knife around the outside of tin to loosen breakfast cupcakes. Scoop out cupcakes with spoon and place on serving tray or individual plates.
8. Garnish w/ Sea salt and Garlic chives.
I've seen attempts at bacon-egg sandwich's before and most are bland and un-eventful. By adding blueberry rounds, goat cheese, sea salt and garlic chives we've truly gone from "Trad to Rad!