- 2 large avocados
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled, white pith removed and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 cups yellow and red cherry tomatoes, halved
- juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- pinch of sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- tiny fresh basil, or larger leaves, thinly sliced (optional)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Cut the avocados in half. Gently twist to separate the halves. Remove the pit. Cut in quarters and remove the peel. Slice into small slices. Squeeze the lemon juice over the avocado slices.
2. Combine the olive oil, mustard, white balsamic and a generous pinch of sea salt in a small container with a tightly fitting lid. Shake well.
3. Arrange avocado, oranges, tomatoes and red onion on a large platter. Drizzle with the dressing and garnish w/ a few grinds of black pepper.